Poole Harbour Bridge
Innovative opening road bridge across Poole Harbour as the focus for riverside regeneration. The opening section is counterbalanced by 70m high tapering pair of arms which are visible from a distance, signalling to vehicles and boats whether the bridge is open or closed.
- Poole Borough Council
- Benedetti Architects
- McDowell+Benedetti (to July 2016)
- Kenneth Grubb Associates
- Richard Wentworth (artist)
- Nye Parry (sound designer)
- Finalist, international competition 2002
- Architects' Journal
- Building Design
- local BBC TV and Radio
- Various local and regional newspapers
- "This new bridge will be at the heart of the transformation of our town... It will give the regeneration a sense of place"
- Councillor Bob Wiliams - Poole Borough Council