Concept design ideas commissioned by CABE for their national publicity campaign to raise awareness about the importance and value of good design in hospitals.
Four areas were considered in detail:
Entrance Square: like a town square, the heart and hub of community interaction.
‘No Waiting Room’: using smart technology to remove the need for and stress of the waiting room.
Bedroom: normal, domestic, comfortable and secure- just like home.
Physic Garden: for staff and patients alike- an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment (CABE)
- Benedetti Architects
- McDowell+Benedetti (to July 2016)
- Professor Tim Oliver
- Space Syntax
- Terry Jones
- Nicky Hirst (Artist)
- Healthgain Ltd
- John Penton MBE
- Virtual Artworks
- CABE 'Radical Improvements in Hospital Design'
- Architects’ Journal
- Building Design
- BMA News
- “The architects’ bold use of technology and outstanding design concepts which push towards establishing a ‘community’ like environment as the main focal point of future hospitals”
- CABE Public Consultation Process